"Because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country" -Mitt Romney
I'm sure most of you have heard the my candidate, Mitt Romney, has suspended his campaign. A lot may transpire over the next week. In his CPAC speech, Mitt said that he was suspending his campaign. Note the language. He is not conceding or giving up his delegates at present. Mitt is still a formidable candidate. He took 11 states, over 300 delegates, and had 4,038,202 votes cast for him. If John McCain is smart he will extend an olive branch to Mitt and ask him to be his running mate as vice-president. Not to say that Romney will accept, however these are the reasons why it would be a great ticket:
1. McCain is a Washington insider- Romney is an outsider.
2. McCain has the legislative experience- Romney has the executive experience.
3. McCain has foreign policy experience- Romney has economic & domestic policy experience.
4. McCain is out of new ideas, old school- Romney is passionate, optimistic & gives new perspectives to old problems.
McCain needs to make nice with a lot of Romney supporters who feel like he disrespected and insulted their candidate. Romney supporters want to support a candidate that will further the values of the Republican party. McCain may not be the best conservative candidate but I'm not sure I can vote for a democratic candidate spouting rhetoric sure to bankrupt this country even more. There are possible Supreme Court seats on the line in the next four years and a struggling economy to fix. Do you really want the terrorists to win in Iraq? Do the right thing & pick Romney, McCain!
9 comments:
McCain make nice? Good luck on that one!
did you listen to his CPAC speech? i think he ate a little humble pie. he's knows he needs conservatives to beat hillary. we'll see.
That would be nice, maybe Romney could turn him back into a true Republican. Let's just hope he doesn't make Huckabee his running mate. That would be a bad ballot...McCain and Huckabee and Hilary or Obama?? Are you kidding me?
Mitt as a running mate? I don't think so. McCain and his mom have trashed him too much. I will not vote for McCain for any reason. As far as his CPAC speech, he is just trying to get some conservatives to vote for him, then he will turn on them as he has in the past. His actions speak louder than his words. His energy bill with Lieberman would add 50 cents in federal taxes to each gallon of gasoline. That is conservative? I don't think so.
Mom
mom- rush, et al. are wrong. it is not conservative to sit out the election or just not vote. do you really want to see obama or hillary in the white house? there is a lot at stake here. mccain may not be the best candidate but he is far better then the alternative. i don't agree with some of the rhetoric he used against romney. however romney wasn't a saint either. they're all politicians, for pete's sake. my point is although mccain is not my first choice it will far better for all republicans to come together for the sake of the country & compromise. we cannot just give up this election. besides, if romney is picked as vp he'll already have a running board for the 2012 election. as for mccain's mom, we all know just how bigoted people of that generation can be. it's not necessarily her son's view. take it with a grain of saly. she's 95!! hopefully. i can persuade you to help the rep party gain the white house. we're not quitters or spoilers!
You need to read an article on Meridian about anti-Mormon bias in the Primaries. It was eye-opening.
We will see, I may just write in Mitt. I have pretty strong feelings about this.
I love you and your familia! have a great weekend!
Mom
of course, there was mormon bashing out there! religious prejudice is the last socially acceptable form of bigotry. i saw it on fox news, cnn, msnbc, from huckabee's own lips, on political websites & message boards, etc. we can either let it hold us back or become stronger people for it. i still will not throw away my vote or vote for a candidate who wants us to lose the war in iraq. holy cow, when's this election over. :) love ya!
HA HA that was cute!! Like mother like daughter!! I'm still depressed over Romney suspending his campaign. I want him back!!!!!
Post a Comment