I have been craving something pumpkin the past few days and made this healthy recipe. Who says healthy has to be bland and yucky? I made them without the craisins to avoid the sugar content but they were yummy even without them. The buttermilk can be fattening but you can find it fat-free. Try them out!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberries and Walnuts
2 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 C. pumpkin puree (I use canned)
2 T. oil
3/4 C. honey
2 eggs
2/3 C. buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 C. sweetened dried cranberries (like Craisins)
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 C. pumpkin puree (I use canned)
2 T. oil
3/4 C. honey
2 eggs
2/3 C. buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 C. sweetened dried cranberries (like Craisins)
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a standard or mini muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, honey, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
5. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, honey, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
5. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
3 comments:
Please make some for me. Thanks!:)
mmmm...I will be trying this one out :)
I made some of those the other day and mine were just ok. I'll have to try your recipe and see if they taste better than mine.
Post a Comment