Monday, April 28, 2008
Another Scandal
My brother is going to have an absolute "I told you so" moment over this story about Miley Cyrus. He recently wrote a blog post on the absurdity of Miley Cyrus fans. I didn't agree at the time because I've always thought her music & tv show are fairly harmless. Lo and behold, I click on my daily web news center and see that the top headline is about Miley Cyrus doing a semi nude photo for Vanity Fair magazine. The photo all the scandal is about is Miley's back showing with only a blanket shown wrapped around her frontside. I have a problem with this. First, she's 15 years old. Whether you think the picture is artsy or pornographic the fact remains that she is a minor. What were her parents thinking?! The Cyrus PR machine is out full force. Disney is saying she was tricked into the photo. Vanity Fair says that she saw the photo as did her "handlers" and they approved it's publication. Who to believe? The picture is inappropriate but some of the other pictures with Miley and her father were disturbing as well. They don't look like father/daughter but more sexual. I'd like all of my lovely friends opinions on this "scandal". We were at the pool the other day & one of my friends said that Miley Cyrus was sure to follow in the footsteps of other young Hollywood celebrity types. What do you think? Or do you even care? I guess this story is just another reminder that we shouldn't let our daughters put these girls on pedestals. They are not role models or heroes. They are tempted and placed in positions by adults that can ruin their innocence and lead them down a road that I would never want my daughter to see or be a part of. Sad yet completely avoidable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll say it again...she is gonna end up just like the other teen stars. Either in rehab, pregnant, or CRAZY!! Hopefully I'm wrong, because she is a super cute girl.
I told you so! Just kidding. Unfortunately, this is what comes with fame and Hollywood.
I agree with Steve on this one. I think she was actually okay with the pictures as "artistic" but has since backpedaled since D.isney is up in arms.
I would hope my daughter would be atleast 16 to dress in only a towel. JOKING!! I checked out those pictures and they are trying to make her look way too old. I didn't even realize she was only 15 I thought she was closer to 18 and in the pictures she looks mid twenties. That's just sad!
Post a Comment