The last day of school has come & gone. Wahoo! I really enjoy having the kids home so we can do fun stuff. No stress. Sleeping in. Yeah, right! The kids are still early risers. They are usually up before even Matt. Must be that 5:00 sunrise! E* & the baby love having the big kids home to play. The kindergarten class had tons of festivities closing out the school year. The baby & I went to the kindergarten alphabet parade. Our kindergartener had the letter "D". Not one to disappoint, he insisted on wearing his Darth Vader costume. Oh well! I had wanted to create something fun like a dump truck or dinosaur but Darth is was. He hammed it up for sure, waving to the crowd like he was a beauty queen riding on on the back of a convertible.

Mrs. Bunge, the best kindergarten teacher, like, ever was Umby Umbrella. Don't ask me, ask your kindergartener! We are really going to miss her. I hope E* will be in her class when the time comes.

After the parade was a class program. Unfortunately, we had to leave early because the baby vomited all over me & him after taking a bite of a rice krispy treat. In all fairness, he had been under the weather the days before & I thought all was clear. I learned the hard way that it wasn't. There is not much more embarrassing than walking out of a kindergarten classroom covered in puke with all of the kids saying, "ewww" & holding their noses. Alas, we missed the slideshow. :( Fortunately, Mrs. Bunge said she's send copies to all of parents. :)

Mrs. Bunge gave all of her kids these adorable little bags with all sorts of goodies they will need for 1st grade. She got a hand-selected bouquet of flowers from A* with a cute card that he made. On the other hand, 4th graders do not like all of the pomp & circumstance resulting from the last day of school. Miss M.'s class celebrated with an all-day readfest & a pizza & Eegee's party. I didn't even get a picture! :( So we are in full-mode for summer & it will be going by way too fast.
1 comment:
what a fun last day for all! too bad about the puke!
Post a Comment