Friday, November 20, 2009

No Pictures

So, am I really allowed to post without a picture? I've been thinking I've been needing to update here but I don't have any visual proof to show for anything so I guess I'll commit the mortal sin of simply posting without a picture! I've been a desert widow this week as Matt has been in Mexico with his younger brother. They are pitting for a truck racing in the Baja 1000. It's a unique experience for him to be able to participate and I know that he is living it up! You know, what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico! :D The race starts in Ensenada and travels 200 miles south along the Baja Peninsula. He has made me sit through a billion hours of race tapes. After awhile, you start to recognize the drivers, kind of like NASCAR. In fact, Robby Gordon, a NASCAR driver races in the Baja 1000 and at my last google check seems to be winning the main event. Apparently, there is a huge fan base for desert racing and the Mexican drug cartels and crooked law enforcement officials leave the racers alone because they are contributing a lot of (clean) money into the local economy. I am waiting by my phone for that call demanding a million dollar ransom for my dear husband. :)

I will be hitting the trail on Saturday for our Stake's 5K. It should be fun. Yes, I said fun!! The race atmosphere is the best part of the race. There is so much enthusiasm and adrenaline in the air. I'm hoping to run it in 25 minutes. I'll really have to book it though. Good thing Trish & Julie will be there at the end to administer the CPR! :) Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Heather C. said...

Eric is soooooooo jealous. I wishes he could be there with Matt.

Have fun at the race.

Piquantly Parisian said...

I'm in trouble if you can't post without a picture. My blog has way too many of those.

I'm excited to hear all about Matt and Dave's adventures!

Mary and Ryan said...

I like the no picture post:) You are a good wife to send your husband on a treck like that with a smile! Good luck on the big race.

Trisha said...

Dang it, Im regretting not going. I definitely could have done it and still made it to the soccer thing. Oh well, here's to the the 10k next Saturday. And sure I'll give you CPR if you can wait at least 10 or 15 minutes for me to cross the line after you :) You are fast girl!

jenichild said...

Sorry I missed your triumphant crossing at the 5k- I had to go feed Kate in the car :(. But Mike said you rocked it.

P.S. We took Trish's pics at Pinnacle Peak aka Trail Dust Down. It's a really fun place for kids- we should go sometime!

JaMie HeApS said...

lets be getting some pics of the big race.. im impressed with matt, and you come up and i would LOVE TO DO THAT HAIR OF YOURS,

jeannie said...

GOod work GIRL! I know it's kinda lonely when the men folk are gone but the reunion can be fun right??