I really hate making New Year's Resolutions. The fact is, I never remember them and I feel like they are just another thing I do to torture myself. I am also not really into the blog trend of choosing a "word theme" and basing my life around a word for the next 12 months. My life is more than one word. Anyway, I have decided to try and get a couple of things done this year and they fit into two general categories. The first is to preserve my family history, old school family photos, kids necessary documents and papers (like report cards) and just generally be better about saving what is important and getting rid of that which isn't. The other thing is to work on conservation. I'm not talking about recycling our glass, paper and plastic (we already do that) but about being a better steward over the hard earned dollars my dear husband brings home. I am determined to decrease my family's spending on clothes and eating out and to be more conscious about where our funds are going. I am depending on you all to help me out a little. Help me be accountable to myself and my family. Thank you very much. This week I haven't been Target once and I was able to do some more research on Walter Edgar Malloy, a mysterious and quite elusive long-lost relative. I have some good leads and hope to bring him to justice soon. :) Now that would be great year. Here's to 2011!
2 comments:
Jenny -- I think those are GREAT new years un-resolutions. I like the generalness of them so that each week/month you can concentrate on a different aspect, task or whatnot. Love it! I may copy that idea.
I hear ya sista! I love your goals! I have been trying really hard to cut my spending too. Mostly on our grocery budget by trying to cook low cost meals. My other goal is to get at least a 6 month supply of food for our storage and do more canning this summer. So hopefully by making less expensive meals I can use that money to stock up when there are sales.
Good luck!
Post a Comment