Monday, January 3, 2011

Sam's Town

I'm sitting here at the computer, freezing and wondering why we haven't turned the darn heater on yet. Winter finally arrived and it's cold! At least this Arizona girl is!! Anyway, the holidays have come and gone. The kids started back up at school today. Sleeping in is nil. I have to get off my big behind and start exercising again. I kinda forgot to take a lot of pictures this month so I'll post a few and narrarate the rest. Christmas was great this year. We toned down the gift giving to give our wallets a mandatory rest and honestly it was one my favorite Christmases to date. We did some fun things like visiting Winterhaven, making the traditional goodies and hanging out with family. Meghan and I are going to see Wicked in a few weeks thanks to my awesome mom who got us tickets. Can't wait! My great in-laws helped me out in the wardrobe department. There is nothing better than getting a giftcard and then going to the store and shopping when everything is 40% off. Seriously. For New Year's Matt, the two older kids and I went via Las Vegas to Alamo, Nevada and got a short vacay on our friends ranch where we were introduced to the Settlers of Catan of which I won on the first game play. Boo-yah! On the way home we lunched at Sam's Town, yes THE Sam's Town. Duh-da, Duh-da. Enjoy the pix.
Holding my new nephew.

My nephew Henry's first birthday party.

Christmas Eve.  The kids left gingersnaps and lukewarm 7-up out for Santa.
What a delight. :(

I made this fleecy blanket for Meghan. She is into penguins right now. :)

First pocket knife.

Loving the expression on Ethan's face.

Grandma always comes through for Alex.

No comments: