As you all know the highlight of our summer is our trip to Utah. It has to be in July because Utah in July is the ultimate. I love being there for Independence Day. There is no place like Utah on America's Birthday. Just ask Glenn Beck ! :)
The kids love the trip because they get to watch dvd's for 12 hours straight. I admit it, I love it too, despite the protests when the baby pulls the dvd player cords out with his toes.
I read 1 1/2 books on the way up. Wahoo! Poor Matt drove the whole way. But he did get to listen to his Ipod the entire time too. Woe to me! :)
We stayed at Matt's lovely sister's house the first couple of days. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. The older boys bonded with their secret cousin handshake.
We visited my grandparents who live on the Avenues. There are still a few locals residing there despite the influx of liberal Californians. lol!
We indulged in Grandma's famous sugar cookies. Yes, I even had one (or two). They are so darn good. Better than Otis Spunkmeyer's by far!

We also took in a showing of Wall-e. Wall-e the robot was cute. The movie concept was another typical Hollywood social, political commentary against consumerism. I love it when Hollywood, the hypocrite of all hypocrites, preaches to the common masses through a children's movie. Thank you Disney*Pixar for showing us the error of our ways! Anyway, stay in tune for
Chapter 2.
3 comments:
glad you arrived home safe and had such a fun trip! Im glad i got to see you a couple times- it was a blast!!
Thanks for finally posting pictures of your new skinny and tan self for your poor sister!!
I 100% agreem Utah is so wonderful in July! Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment