Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Thrilling Halloween

Our family loves Halloween. Not the slasher, freaky, scary Halloween but the fun, cute, vintagey kind of Halloween. I look forward to our Halloween traditions- making costumes, trick or treating, chili and doughnuts, caramel apples. My kids especially look forward to getting their yearly Halloween package in the mail from their Utah Grandparents. Once October 1st hits the first thing I usually hear when the older kids get home from school is ," Did we get our Halloween package yet?" I know, they are so rude with their feelings of entitlement! :) The other day I finally got to say, "YES!" and the box opening proceeded. They were thrilled to open the box and see toy spiders, frankenstein & mummy finger puppets, orange and black jelly bellies, spider earrings, sticker books, marble games, these amazing Martha Stewart Halloween puppets and a delightfully eerie Halloween book entitled, Bats in the Library. I commandeered the licorice caramels and left them to their Halloween treasures. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for the Halloween goodies!

BOOOOO!!!

5 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

you do do halloween right!!! icant waite to see this years costumes!!! remeber the banging party you threw when you first moved in my kids were so impressed with all the fun games

Anonymous said...

First of all, have I mentioned how much your daughter reminds me of you? Wow...

Second...I'm a totally lame mom. My kids asked me the other day if we could get out the Halloween stuff, to which my oldest promptly replied, "Mom doesn't DO that guys. She has like ONE decoration!" Yeah. I don't get into the holiday very much...or really any other. My poor kids...

Glad to see your kids won't be messed up like mine!

Miranda said...

How exciting! What a good Mom you are to make such fun memories with your kids- we just dress up and go out for candy.

jeannie said...

Little treasures in the mail are the best!!
Yes you guys always go all out with fab costumes! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year.

Emily said...

Can't wait to see their costumes!