Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude


I am grateful for Thanksgiving. In the midst of busy lives we lead I appreciate having a day where I'm reminded of the blessings in my life. I'm grateful for the sacrifices that were made by many people that have brought me to this point in my life. I'm grateful to be living in this great country. I'm not ashamed to be an American. In fact, I feel blessed to have been born here. I'm grateful to my ancestors that followed the promptings of the Spirit and sacrificed family, prosperity and comfort to come to America to practice their faith. I'm grateful for the examples of so many before me. I pray often that I can be a pride to them in this difficult world in which we live. That I can survive this turbulent life and see them in a better place with my head held high. I'm grateful to have a healthy and functioning body. I've learned over the past year how to take better care of my body and am encouraged to set a better example of health to my children. I am grateful for my family. I have a husband who would move the world for me. I feel his love and devotion every day. I am grateful for the simple love of children. I have been blessed to be a mother of five children, only four physically with us today. They are so forgiving and loving to their imperfect mother. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a driving force in my life. I find comfort and understanding in His simple truths. I am grateful for much and thankful for many. Best wishes to all this beautiful Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't thanksgiving a wonderful holiday? I often overlook the meaning of it and move on to stuffing myself silly, but it's nice to reflect on all we have. It's so easy to spend each day dwelling on the things we don't have. For one day, let's devote to the HAVES and give thanks for them!

...and for turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy ;)

by the way, I LOVE the picture of your family! I wanted to see a bigger version of the one in your profile, but it won't let me :( Neat photography!!!

Emily said...

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!! Love you:)

jeannie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for YOU!!
Your new family pictures are SO CUTE!! I hope I get one in a Christmas card!!

JaMie HeApS said...

jenny I LOVE THAT PHOTO OF YOUR FAMILY~!!!! tell the truth is it the christmas card that will be comming my way soon? it is so darn cute!!! loved all your thoughts hope it was a good day.

Trisha said...

Okay, first of all I LOVE the family pics. So perfect! They turned out great! Also, great list of things to be grateful for!