Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

I decided to make the baby his Halloween costume at the last possible minute and I think it turned out really cute. I decided to make a sock monkey costume. I was inspired by a pattern I saw online and also by Matt's old sock monkey he had when he a little boy. The costume is made out of actual socks and I did the trim out of felt. It was fun to make and although it was a little snug on on him he loved it and went around making monkey noises. :)

The hat turned out kind of freaky but the tail and the bum were definitely my favorite parts. :)

The first grader was Indiana Jones. Matt made him an awesome whip out of rope. He was cracking me up with all these fantastic Indy poses. This was the best. Note the suave handling of the fedora. Indy, eat your heart out!

E* was supposed to be a ghost but had a tantrum about it right before we were to go trick or treating for some reason or another. He settled on an old knight costume I made for the first grader a few years ago. Matt helped him accesorize a bit.

Miss M* designed her owl costume on paper (she's obsessed with everything owl at the moment!). She knew exactly what she wanted. I sewed the hood on but she did everything else. She did an awesome job!!

Here's all four of the little Halloween hoodlums together. Matt took them trick or treating while I stayed home to give out candy. We got 12 trick or treaters this year. :( Next year I'm going to put some sort of lights out on the street so they know we're open for business. We have lame-o neighbors that are always gone on Halloween so our street is pretty dark! :(

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!!! I love how creative you are. I don't think I've ever really made a costume from scratch.

Oh my gosh, I totally get the whole tantrum about a costume...Gage was the worst this year! He changed his mind each time he was supposed to wear his costume...using tears, and throwing of his body on the ground.

Emily said...

The sock monkey costume turned out really cute!

Trisha said...

You are such a cute, good mom to make all the costumes. I am boring, and go store bought. Yours ALL turned out so cute, I am especially impressed with the sock monkey...he looks so cute in it. Again, what a good mom you are.

cpcox99 said...

What a cute monkey costume! I wish I was better at sewing clothes. Seeing costumes like these made me want to try. :)

JaMie HeApS said...

i think its something with tucson cuz we never got alot of trick or treaters when we lived there either. and you didnt dissapoint with the costumes this year as allways top notch, indianna better watch out though with those moves every girl in sight will want him. oh and the monkeys bum, LOVE IT!

Mary and Ryan said...

I am soooo impressed with your skills Jenny! Seriously...mad skills:) That monkey costume is way cuter than the ones in the store, you should start a buisness. I like how Indiana has his shirt just right, 2 buttons undone:)

jeannie said...

The sock monkey was fabulous! GOOD work! All of them were so cute! Meg is on her way to being quite the little designer! I always love your creative costumes!