Friday, February 13, 2009

A,B,C...1,2,3

My youngest turns three this month. Most of you all know about his cerebral palsy diagnosis and all of the accompanying therapy and doctor visits that pretty have kept us out of the play group social scene the past year and a half. Recently, for the sake of socialization and developmental advancement, he started to attend a preschool for kids that are in need of early intervention. I am loving the preschool thing because it has ended our bi-weekly therapy sessions at TMC and it's accompanying huge gas and c0-pay bills. The baby takes the school bus in the morning to school, does his thing for a couple of hours and is home by lunch.

He was so excited the first day of preschool.

We had visited a few times before so he recognized the room and the teachers. Fortunately, he is very curious and was able to busy himself with different things around the room. I gave him a kiss and said good-bye. :(

He was already having fun and ready to delve into his new school adventures.

Yesterday I got to go to preschool for Restaurant Day. It was a speech activity so each child I got to role play with their parent. It was so cute. Alex took my order (ice cream). I gave him a dollar and he took it to the cash register. Of course, I only got a couple of bites before he commandeered the dish and drowned the ice cream in sprinkles!

The kids wore these adorable chef's hats but my boy kept taking his off. I guess it was too scratchy. :)

It's been an adjustment having him gone three mornings a week but I know it's an important time for him. That little brain is still developing and we need to keep cramming it with physical and mental tidbits of information that will help his tight little muscles loosen and his mind to adapt. I love my little guy! :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

He looks so cute!! How fun!!

JaMie HeApS said...

that sounds like a day my boys would love. how fun that he gets to do that, and hat or nat the kid is darling

Heather C. said...

He is looking so BIG! Looks like a great program :)

jeannie said...

AHhh that is so tender! He is such a cute kid and is so lucky to have a mommy and daddy that are so attentive and getting him all the things he needs! I saw his face when he got home from school that day and it's obvious how much he loves it!

Mary and Ryan said...

I seriously love that kid, he always has a big smile on his face and brightens everyones day:)

Trisha said...

It looks like he is liking his new school. he is so cute, I love the hats. Where can I get me one of those? :) That kid is awesome, seriously I love him.

JaMie HeApS said...

byu book store, its a hot spot you know.