Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Is Officially Over

The new school year started this week and the kids were ready.

It seems like our summer is super short now and over before we know it!

The 6th grader ready to rule the school.

The 2nd grader- a seasoned veteran.

First Day of Kindergarten.

I have a new preschooler now.
~
The first day of school is always bittersweet. Dropping off my new little kindergartner tugs at the heartstrings. :( I miss my little ones but my house is a little cleaner during the day and that makes Matt a lot happier! :)

8 comments:

Laura said...

i am not ready for summer to be over yet. but, i am ready for my house to be clean again. so, yes, bittersweet.

Trisha said...

oh they are all so cute all ready for their first day of school. That is one stylin' kindergartner with a lunch box like that, i'm a little jealous :)

Laura said...

i'm actually using my friend's bike for the triathlon. i want to do one first before i spend the money on another bike. the bike i own is sort of an in-betweener. not a road bike, but not a cruiser. i think i'll go with a normal road bike, not a tri-bike when i do get one, though. my friends who have had both seem to prefer the normal one. sorry i can't be more help! (my own bike has a great seat, which is why this one was so shocking!--i have padded bike shorts coming this week--hooray!)

beckie said...

I love M's haircut! So cute. She looks so old.

Mary and Ryan said...

Such cute kids! You have so much free time now! Soak it up, soak it up!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh they all look so stinking cute for the big first day. what are you going to do while there all gone, lots of lunch dates w the ladies yee ha

jeannie said...

CUTE!! I am SO not ready for school to start...if I was ready I would be excited and doing the happy dance! I hope you get lots of fun things done during the day too! Just think shopping all by yourself...heaven!

Emily said...

M is looking so grown up! I love little A's grin.. so cute.