
How was your Valentine's Day Weekend?
Ours started out with a box from Tempe full of chocolates and love notes. Those Reeses peanut butter & chocolate hearts are to die for yum! The Dove chocolate hearts were wrapped in Martha Stewart love tips such as, "Draw a lavender-scented bath for your Valentine" and "Use a heart shaped punch to make Valentine cards". What would we ever do without Martha! :) The second grader got a tummy ache on Friday night which his dear mother attributed to a day of sweets and over stimulation courtesy of the school Valentine's Day party. Into the night it became evident that it was more than that and the poor dear spent the weekend in insolation hugging the porcelain god. Last night the kindergartener joined him on the bad list having vomited on two beds including his parents and leaving a Hansel & Gretal-like trail of chunks to the bathroom. A 1:30 in the morning wake-up call is a serious beauty inhibitor for his mother.
My Valentine somewhat salvaged the weekend by breaking our no present rule and gifting me with three vintage CDs. Yes, there are still some of us older folks who still dabble in the ancient art of CD listening. You can't find everything on Itunes, believe it or not. These CDs are now the Holy Grail of of my music collection. It was the ultimate act of humility for my Valentine to give me these CDs considering the frontman is his celebrity competition for my heart. :D That being said, the man I live with, parent with and make life plans with still rules my heart.
So today I'm home with one sick child, one recovering, anticipating the illness of two more. **fingers crossed** and am being inundated with Disney and Nick Jr. cartoons, demands for cuddles from my physical self and wishing this could have happened next weekend instead.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend full of hugs and kisses!
(photo from martha stewart, of course.)
Ours started out with a box from Tempe full of chocolates and love notes. Those Reeses peanut butter & chocolate hearts are to die for yum! The Dove chocolate hearts were wrapped in Martha Stewart love tips such as, "Draw a lavender-scented bath for your Valentine" and "Use a heart shaped punch to make Valentine cards". What would we ever do without Martha! :) The second grader got a tummy ache on Friday night which his dear mother attributed to a day of sweets and over stimulation courtesy of the school Valentine's Day party. Into the night it became evident that it was more than that and the poor dear spent the weekend in insolation hugging the porcelain god. Last night the kindergartener joined him on the bad list having vomited on two beds including his parents and leaving a Hansel & Gretal-like trail of chunks to the bathroom. A 1:30 in the morning wake-up call is a serious beauty inhibitor for his mother.
My Valentine somewhat salvaged the weekend by breaking our no present rule and gifting me with three vintage CDs. Yes, there are still some of us older folks who still dabble in the ancient art of CD listening. You can't find everything on Itunes, believe it or not. These CDs are now the Holy Grail of of my music collection. It was the ultimate act of humility for my Valentine to give me these CDs considering the frontman is his celebrity competition for my heart. :D That being said, the man I live with, parent with and make life plans with still rules my heart.
So today I'm home with one sick child, one recovering, anticipating the illness of two more. **fingers crossed** and am being inundated with Disney and Nick Jr. cartoons, demands for cuddles from my physical self and wishing this could have happened next weekend instead.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend full of hugs and kisses!
(photo from martha stewart, of course.)
8 comments:
how sad! i hope they get feeling better. we were going to see if alex could come over this week- but maybe we'll wait until next :)
I am hoping that atleast one of those vintage cd's is tupac:) It is true love to parent sick kiddos on Valentines day! I am just crossing my fingers that you don't get the sickness! xoxo to you from me:)
Sounds like a fun Valentines Day:)
oh pooballs nothing worse then that. at least you got some cds out of it. i hope there fabulouse and make these next few days do able.
So sorry to hear about the sick kids :( I'm so curious about what the 3 "vintage" CD's are. Do tell.
aaaah man that stinks to have sick kiddos! I'm so sorry!
I'm with ya on the vintage CD's I still love getting them and buying them too. I hope they don't become obsolete. I still haven't figured out itunes. geeeez I'm so old fashioned! Maybe next weekend you could go out for a special dinner or something and leave all the kiddos at home with big sis to tend :)
btw, it's been like month since you posted.....get on it girl!
I am so so sorry. We were wondering if you still had sick kids since you werent out for running this morning. Let me know if you need ANYTHING! Sounds like matt still made the weekend great though, those times are wwhen we really realize how much we love our hubbies :)
Post a Comment