So Jeannie inspired me to do a Winter Olympics post because really what else is going on? All of my favorite shows are reruns this week except for Psych (which I have to say, if you are not watching this show, you are seriously missing out!! it is freaking hilarious!!) and I hate reruns! The best thing I have observed this go around is the male athletes.

USA speedskater and gold medalist Shani Davis is the cutest thing since I don't know what and his story is unbelievable. He actually coaches himself and and has the most perfect teeth which I think is kind of rare for any athlete that rules on the ice.

I am also in love with USA snowboarder and gold medalist Shaun White aka the Flying Tomato aka Animal. I don't usually go for that sloppy skater/snowboarder (i always want to go up behind him and pull up his baggy pants HARD! hello, don't you know what you are putting the innocent public through!) but this dude is over the top. His stunts on the half-pipe are phenom. I find myself screaming at the top of my lungs for more double & triple mctwist!! Also, his best friend is Tony Hawk whose like 20 years older than him. I love Tony! He's old school.

Now if you like Scandanavians, Dutch speedskater Sven Kramer is pretty hot and seriously talented as well. And he is a spokesman for whole grain bread in the Netherlands. Holla!! I am seeing a lot of green lately.

USA figure skater Johnny Weir is the ultimate entertainer. In fact, I think he entertains better than he skates. Don't get me wrong, anyone that can figure skate is all kinds of awesome in my book, but the drama in his programs definitely make him able to rock the pink tassel. Get this diva his own reality show, stat!

I do like some of the women athletes but I think they are so whiny. All of this hoopla this week about poor USA alpine skier Lindsey Vonn and her injured shin. It made me wonder if the injury was really that bad or if NBC was totally milking it for pity ratings. Did I tune in to watch hours of interview of Bob Costas asking Lindsey if her shin was really that painful and would she be able to work through the pain and thank goodness, her events were postponed because of weather so she could get a few extra days of recovery? Boring!! She did bring it last night winning the gold which made me think the injury really could not have been that bad. The silver medalist Julia Mancuso rocked the same tiara that she wore in Torino. It must suck to get silver in the same event you won gold in 4 years earlier. Oh well, she still has the tiara.
One more gripe about NBC. Their coverage totally reeks this year. Bob Costas is sooo boring. Dick Button, where's Scott Hamilton? Mary who??? They need to do some recasting in the commentator department. I'd like to see some younger, hipper people. Is that to much to ask? Also I'm getting a little tired of NBC eavesdropping on the athletes personal conversations. Shaun White & his cussing coach are supposedly the talk of Vancouver today. NBC didn't edit a couple of vulgarities last night and this morning they are trying to blame the coach. So what? He's a grown man having a private celebratory conversation which NBC recorded and broadcast. Why is it his fault? NBC. Booo!!
1 comment:
I love the flying tomato, Apollo, and julia are my favorites so far. I do love the rockin pink tassels but that dude is WEIRD! I'm sad I missed a bunch of stuff last night because of mutual but tonight we are all over it! Olympics are fuN! and your right NBC not so much but I am diggin on the denim looking ski pants that USA is sporting this year. How about u?
Post a Comment