1. Download the pictures off of our camera
(usually 6 months after the actual date and truthfully I wait for Matt to do it because I never remember how but that's a whole other story;))
2. Glance through pictures in date order
3. Decide what is bloggable
4. Blog-very inconsistently as of late. :)
I am backlogged a couple of months so this is all old news but as I insinuated before I have to go through the process. You don't get to see July until you read about May. :)2. Glance through pictures in date order
3. Decide what is bloggable
4. Blog-very inconsistently as of late. :)
I ran my first marathon in May with my friend Julie. It was the Ogden Marathon and it proved to be an awesome experience. The last 6 miles were the toughest and I hit my "wall" at mile 24 but was able to get through it with a cell call to Matt. He's the best cheerleader I could ask for. The setting was so pretty. The locals and race volunteers were so friendly and encouraging. My favorite was the gentleman who was blasting the Beatles "Penny Lane" from huge speakers in his driveway. It was the coolest! There were a ton of water stations (I drank at every one) and GU to get me through. Oh yeah, and looking at Julie's back from about mile 13 on. :) I forgot my Garmin at my in-laws in the morning which could have been a huge demoralizer but I didn't let the Garmin win! I enjoyed being able to not be "tied" to my watch. Post-race was nice. I wasn't exhausted or dying of thirst. I wasn't hungry either which was weird. I'm usually starving after a race. A couple hours after the race we went to Jamba Juice and I got a power smoothie which was perfect. Anyway, it was a great first marathon experience. The downside has been a left knee which has been having problems (and has been a HUGE demoralizer) but I'm hoping to be on the road again in the next couple of weeks. **fingers crossed**
Other unforgettable "marathon weekend" experiences included going to the Conference Center with Julie and Ted and doing the behind the scenes tour. That place is an engineering marvel! We got to see the original Arnold Friberg Book of Mormon paintings. All of the art was amazing. We also went to brunch at the Grand America. Can I say, yum times a million?! Good times.
Meghan turned 12 amidst all of the excitement of the end of school. She is officially out of elementary school which has her excited and me completely terrified. Let the tweener eye-rolling commence...
Raking in the academic awards.
Hopefully these girls will have some classes together in middle school.
Pacifying mom & dad with a picture for posterity.
Ethan survived kindergarten with the help of Mrs. Bunge
and his best little buddy, Taeya.
Meghan helped Ethan with his "goose" costume for the kindergarten alphabet parade. The last week of school is always busy yet I am left scratching my head thinking what is the point? They do absolutely nothing academic-related. It's all parties and play. I say forget the last week and just let them out so we have one more free week of summer. Just a humble parents opinion. :)
Raking in the academic awards.
Hopefully these girls will have some classes together in middle school.
Pacifying mom & dad with a picture for posterity.
Ethan survived kindergarten with the help of Mrs. Bunge
and his best little buddy, Taeya.
Meghan helped Ethan with his "goose" costume for the kindergarten alphabet parade. The last week of school is always busy yet I am left scratching my head thinking what is the point? They do absolutely nothing academic-related. It's all parties and play. I say forget the last week and just let them out so we have one more free week of summer. Just a humble parents opinion. :)
3 comments:
Yaay for FINALLY posting your marathon! You are awesome. Im hoping that knee gets feelin better ASAP, we miss you in the mornings.
Our school did just that this year -- they dropped the last week of school (it was a way to save money). I was hoping they would skip all the parties, field days, etc....but they didn't! They just moved them all back a week. So we still had a week of wasted time.
Great job on the marathon!
My husband Eric is training for the Ogden full, I just did the Salt Lake half. No desire for a full, but way to go. I admire people who can endure that much running.
Cute, cute family. Tell Matt I said so.
Post a Comment