Hey Friends and Family! Does anyone still click over here once in a while? If so, you are my heroes for being so patient and long-suffering. :)
So I am starting a self-improvement challenge today. The most challenging component will definitely be sleep. As in 7 hours of sleep minimum every night!!! Who does that anyway? Haha!! Apparently I will be doing that, at least for the next 8 weeks. I'm a night owl and I stay up late. Once the kids are in bed and I do my pick-up cleaning I need some "me time" which usually involves at least an hour (or two) of TV or reading a favorite book. I think I'm going to have to either put the kids to bed a half hour earlier which I will be hearing about or take a TV sabbatical (except for October 27th & every Wednesday night after until the challenge is over. Why, you ask?? 3 words- Friday Night Lights, baby!!)
I will probably be posting quite a bit during the next few weeks also to help fill my "journal writing" quota. I still like to doodle and muse in my big girl paper lined writing book but blogging helps break up the monotony and seriously is way more fun! :) Other daily components to the challenge: exercise- check, scripture reading- check, eating two servings each of fruits & veggies- check, and my personal favorites- NO SUGAR & NO SODA. Yes, you read that right!! The soda should be easy. I haven't touched it since I got a kidney stone a couple of months ago. Sugar can be difficult at times but I can go off of it without wanting to hurt myself or totally binge & puke. My complexion clears up and my belly decreases when I go off sugar. That isn't TMI, is it.
3 comments:
Jenny, you are on my Google Reader so of course I still follow you! I'm excited you are doing this too. Funny that the EASIEST one for me is the sleep. I almost always get 7 hours. I'm a night owl too, but I don't get up early. midnight-7:00 is my norm. For me the hardest will be the sugar, I think.
I'm so happy for you to be blogging more again. I have been slacking in that area too! As for to much information - NEVER!! As for sugar - I did good all day but I guess I mostly crave it at night because I've really wanted a treat tonight! Good luck!
I wish I could sleep until 7!! I love to sleeps. :) Jean, no DC. DC is bad!! :D Are you getting headaches? Matt gets them really bad when he goes off of caffeine. Excedrin helps out a lot. :) Whenever I go off of sugar it's always the third day that is the hardest. If you can make it to day 3 you will be on your way.
Post a Comment