Saturday, April 21, 2007

An Amazing Artist

I got the new BYU magazine the other day and they had a wonderful article on James Christensen, one of my favorite artists, and two of his daughters who also are artists. They definitely have different styles. My favorite was Emily McPhie, who bases her art on her children. Her art has a vintagey feel with crackled backgrounds. My favorites are the little girl balancing on the elephant and the little girl with the lion. Also, I absolutely adore the girls in the hot air balloon and the birdcage picture. Her art reminds me of the types of fantasies that children have. How many of us ever wanted a lion as pet? Or to be able to take a hot air balloon ride? Check her art out at: www.emilymcphie.com

1 comment:

jeannie said...

I love the turtle one!! I love all of them, she is good!!