Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Who Loves Bags? I Do! I Do!

My better half was teasing me the other day about my plethora of bags. Handbags, diaperbags, small bags, large bags, red bags, blue bags. This all stemmed from a feeble attempt to organize our laundry room which looks like a tornado passed through. (This is not an exaggeration considering our four little ones.) Unfortunately for him, I can't help it. I love bags! What dh doesn't understand is that each bag has a specific purpose. The backpack is for nature outings when I want free hands. My Fleurville diaper bag is for church when I need extra space but not too much that I have to use my extra large Bass tote bag for primary stuff. The striped Kate Spade sam bag used to be for date night before someone colored on it with a crayon. The orange polka dot bag is for summer when I'm in a funky mood. The pink mesh bag is for poolside. My current favorite for shopping trips is my red paisley Vera Bradley shoulder bag, a Christmas gift from my very sweet il's. It seems I have enough bags, although I have been thinking about replacing my current church bag with a new Vera Bradley for my primary stuff. Shhh, don't tell you-know-who! :)

5 comments:

jeannie said...

I LOVE BAGS TOO!! Kyle thinks I have to many but I don't think a lady especially a mom could ever have too many! Sometimes I have to change bags several times a day! You definitely have better & more expensive taste in bags than I do that's why you rock!

jenny said...

One word, EBAY! My favorite stomping grounds for a great bargain. :)

Piquantly Parisian said...

I like your bags... In fact I am feeling a little jealous. Maybe I should go buy one to remedy the envy. Good work on the hyperlinking. You're already blogging better than me!

beckie said...

One of the reasons I'm so excited to go to NYC again. The thrill of a knockoff, the black plastic bags, the fact that at any moment a asian on a walky-talky could shut you down when the police come by. Ah China Town.

Trisha said...

You got it all figured out...never too many bags! Boys don't understand and never will...we always need more bags!