
We have been staying up much too late watching the Olympics this past week. I am crazy for the swimming events & Matt makes me watch cycling. I am a die-hard Phelps Phan. Watching Team USA break record after record in the swimming events has made a very happy me. I've also been digging (no pun intended) the women's beach volleyball team. They rock! 108 straight wins. We were also way into gymnastics. Both of the USA teams are very talented. I mentioned to Matt that we should put the first grader in gymnastics. He's small for his age but pretty strong. I just can't get over how strong the gymnasts are- both the men & women. It made me recall the time when my mom put me in gymnastics because I was very active & also small for my age. Unfortunately, the only thing I remember about it was crying my eyes out because I was so scared. Alas, my gymnastics career was short-lived. :) In my real life now I would probably win a gold medal in procrastination or for saying the word "like" the most times in one sentence. Or possibly shopping at Target the most times in a week. Ha!
What would you win your gold medal in?
What would you win your gold medal in?
6 comments:
Short term memory loss - I would def. win a metal in that.
OK I have always had a crush on Aaron Piersol!! He is my FAV!!!!
oh yeah, girl, he is HOT! lol!
I see. You just like watching the swimmers in their speedos. lol. The olympics is addicting to us although we don't really like the same sports as you. Beckie loves gymnastics and I'm excited for Basketball, Soccer, and indoor volleyball. Worse sport to watch has to be water polo. You can't even tell what's going on.
i never know when the basketball games are on. we did watch china vs. usa though. it was a great game. i liked hearing about how the usa has changed their attitude about olumpic basketball. it took them how long to realize that just because you play for the nba you aren't going to win every game? international basketball is different than the nba. soccer is cool too. do some posts on some of the matches.
I think I could steal the gold medal in procrastination away from you Jenny. I am REALLY good at that :)
I have been watching lots of Olympics too. I'm also a big Phelps Phan. And I loved watching Lacey Nymeyer (until she got out). But she did get a silver in the relay! I was her 7th grade English teacher & Eric was her Sunday School teacher, it is fun to watch someone that you know personally.
I would definitely be in the running for that procrastination medal.
I am a huge Phelps Phan too!! He is great, seriously so much determination. I loved watching his mom during all of his races, she seems so supportive and great.
Also, love the women's gymnastics. But I do think that Shawn Johnson is getting a little ripped off, the judges are being really hard on her!
Post a Comment