This past weekend I did something that I never thought I could do. I ran 13.1 miles. I didn't stop. I didn't walk. I finished the race. The funny thing is as I'm writing this I'm starting to tear up a little bit because I still can't believe that I did it. I have set other goals in my life but nothing like running in a half marathon. Maybe that's why I feel so emotional about this one. I've been called crazy numerous times. I even called myself crazy. Three weeks ago I still didn't think I could complete this goal. But with the support of my friends and Matt I was able to reach it. I am so grateful. It was important to me to be able to do this. I feel like I've accomplished something that was an impossibility.
This was me after the race. Giddy, relieved, sore but excited and proud about what I had just done.
Julie, Lisa & Trisha- My running buddies. I'm the slow poke of the group. :) That's my next running goal. To improve my times and endurance.
Our after shot. We hung around the race course for awhile after the race was over. It was so fun being able to just enjoy the experience and soak up the euphoria that was in the air. There were 4000 people that competed in the Southern California Half Marathon. It was in Irvine in the beautiful area of Woodbridge. Matt's company's corporate hq's are in this area as well. I kept looking out for their office while I was running but never saw it.
We stayed in Huntington Beach at Lisa's family beach house. We went to the beach after the race, ate yummy fish tacos at Wahoo's, and walked on the pier. I was in my tourist mood so I took lots of pictures. :)
The ocean was beautiful. There were lots of surfers out although the waves were light.
Lisa took us on a tour through Newport Beach. We saw the sailboats on the peninsula and ate dinner at Fashion Island. We also stopped by the Newport Beach temple. It was so pretty. It is one of the smaller temples and the grounds were so neat with beautiful fountains and all of the palm trees.
To sum it up, I had an amazing experience. I accomplished something I never dreamed was possible. I saw the ocean and enjoyed my friends. The only thing missing was Matt at the finish line waiting for me. But I will admit I was enjoying my little weekend away from mommyhood. :)
7 comments:
yaay! Doesn't it feel great...I keep thinking about it too and getting that same emotional feeling. Wow! You are awesome!
jenny way to go girl, im so dang proud of you it makes me want to get off my butt and get moving. im glad you got away with the girls, next time i want in even if im only at the finish line cheering you guys on.
Im so proud of you! Running the whole thing is such a big accomplishment! You guys actually make it sound fun!!!I feel Lazy:)
I'm proud of you. That is a great accomplishment. Especially pushing on when it wasn't easy. I still think you are kind of crazy for wanting to do it in the first place:)
Love you!
Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. Again, here's to making it happen!
I'm proud of you too! Good job! That is something I can't even imagine ever doing but I would like to force Lisa to have another beach house party and I'm there! I could be your photographer while you guys all run next time :) Wahoos is yummy too! LUCKY!
Jenny- I'm so proud of you. Good job- something to be emotional about. You are awesome!
Post a Comment