Sunday, January 4, 2009

What Time Is It?


The first kid came in our room at 5:00 am. Now, we are mean parents and value our sleep, even on Christmas morning so we told the guilty party to leave us be and come back no earlier than 6:30. Well, two more little people joined the first one and it was all over after that. At 6:15 I told Matt that we had better let them out of their misery and so he headed downstairs to see if Santa came during the night. He took his jolly time turning on the tree lights and lighting the fireplace but the time finally came that the kids, youngest to oldest lined up and were able to head downstairs to see what Santa brought the night before.

Santa brought the first grader a skateboard. Now he needs to find someone to teach him how to ride it. :)
The baby got Mr. Potato Head & his Spud Buds from Santa. His buddies are Rootie Carrot and Pop Corn. No, I am not kidding.

The preschooler asked Santa for markers months ago. he has been obsessed with coloring for awhile now. 50 different colored markers were enough to make his Christmas dreams come true.

Miss M* got a Nintendo DS game from Santa. As a result, this was her standard pose for pretty much the rest of Christmas Day! :)

The baby enjoyed playing Santa and passing out the gifts to everyone. He even tried to open a few that weren't his. Who would have noticed?

5:00 am?! Why, oh, why?

It was a wonderful Christmas. Hardly any fighting and lots of love and good wishes. Our thoughts were with the Savior and the joy of knowing of his love for us. Happy Christmas to all!

4 comments:

jeannie said...

Looks like Santa was a hit at your house! I'm glad you got home safe it was super fun to hang for a bit! I got my ticket to come in a few weeks so I'll being seeing ya again!

Trisha said...

Looks like a fun Christmas and Christmas Eve! Hope you had fun in Utah too, I am looking forward to pics. You ready for Saturday?

JaMie HeApS said...

5 im feeling your pain. matt tryed to tell my boys to go back to sleep. looks like santa was good to you

Mary and Ryan said...

Who needs sleep right?? I love all the pictures. It looks like the big man good old Saint Nick did well:)