UPDATE* Next week's Jane installment will be Northanger Abbey, another new adaptation.
Jane Austen fans!! It's time to set your DVR, Tivo, or whatever you record shows with for this Sunday night on PBS. Masterpiece Theatre is showing a new adaptation of Persuasion. I really love the Amanda Root/Ciaran Hinds version so this one had better be good. Matt will be going to bed early, I'm sure! :) I'm serious about my Austen movies. No noise or heckling allowed!!
8 comments:
OH MY!! I will be recording all of those! Thanks for tip now I won't be bored and my mom will be here too I will have someone to watch them with!
Hi, this is Erika, Jeanie and Jamie's friend. Thank you so much for posting this. I will be setting my DVR righ now. I have always loved the title of your blog btw.
Thanks for the tip! I watched Pride & Prejudice (newest version) a few weeks ago and finally realized where your blog name comes from.
How come I didn't know you were such a Jane Austen fan? Maybe we both developed a taste for her after BYU.
So, what did you think of it? I was disappointed that it varied from the book so much at the end.
Anne was better looking in this one. She kind of reminded me what I think M will look like when she is older. Nice adaptation but it needed more confrontations in it.
i was bummed. surely wasn't as good as the amanda root/ciaran hinds version. it was too different from the book. that kiss on the street was terrible. she looked like a fish or something. i didn't get the end at all. so he bought kellidge hall. what about the inheritance issue? i guess i'm too much of a purist. i don't know why the writers need to add things when the story is as it is. oh well. the trailer for northanger abbey looks good. has anyone else read the book?
I totally agree with the fish kiss at the end. My roommate and I thought it was really awkward.
I read Northanger Abbey a couple of months ago and it wasn't my favorite Austen. I'll probably watch it though.
Post a Comment