last weekend we went on our first geo-cache with the kids. geo-caching is treasure hunting with a gps. people geomap specific locations & other people go & search them out using the gps coordinates. matt looked at some caches specific for kids in our zip code & we started hunting. it was so cool. we drove through parts of our area we didn't even know were there & finally found the cache. the kids brought treasures to exchange for ones that were already there (geo-cache etiquette!). we had so much fun. it's likely to become a new family past-time.
here are the kids standing in front of the cache. it's under the sticks in the tree.
opening the toy jar. there really was a treasure!
3 comments:
How creative! I've heard about that before...glad to hear you had fun!!
What the...... that is so crazy!! I've never heard of that before. I bet the kids loved it. You may have to re-explain that in primary terms to me later.
I've done that before. It was pretty tough from what I remember. I guess it just depends on if it's for kids or for adults.
Post a Comment