Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spur Creek

Now if my previous post wasn't enough to exhaust you, keep reading. Our last spring break shebang was hiking. Yes, hiking! I told you it was perfect weather, didn't I? Mom knows all the best spots so we drove about 45 minutes to Cave Creek and were able to hike at Spur Creek. It was so lush and green with saguaro on the mountains.

This was for me. Special request.


I guess they don't fight all of the time. Only most of the time. :)

Mommy/Daughter.

Rock Hopping.

Didn't I tell you? The shoes. Again.

There really is water in the desert contrary to popular belief.

We also saw a snake on the trail. I almost stepped on it and my shrieks sent it slithering into the brush. No, it wasn't a rattler. Have I mentioned that snake encounters in the wild freak me out? Luckily, it was only lizards and ants after that.

6 comments:

Laura said...

that makes me want to go hiking! (minus the snake part). it's been forever since we've been. lots of beaches, few hills/mountains. next time we move we'll have to fix that!

beckie said...

I love that first shot posed on the rock. I miss you cute kids!

I can't believe how tall Megan is getting, she is so grown up looking.

JaMie HeApS said...

looks like you guys have been busy and having a ball. love the mom and daughter shot, and happy birthday matt, hope it was a good one.

Mary and Ryan said...

I love the Mom and daughter shot too, how cute you guys are!

Emily said...

Your kids are better hikers than me!:)

Trisha said...

Wow, what a FUN spring break! I am home and ready to get back into the swing of things.