Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He's The Man

This blog is going to be a tribute to birthdays for the next few posts. Why? Because March is birthday central around here. Matt had the distinct honor of turning 3- . Ooops! :) I guess it's not really my place to tell. Let's just say, he is well seasoned and nearer to 40 than 30. I am going to get it for that! :) Matt had the honor of getting his presents in leftover Christmas boxes. We do recycle around here.

He had a lot of help opening his gifts and reading his cards. In fact, I'm not even sure that he opened any of his gifts. I think the little people around here kind of commandeered that part of the night. The baby still thought it was his birthday.

Matt loves his german chocolate cake and his amazing wife bakes one for him every year. Unfortunately, this time around, the cake stuck to the pans. The amazing wife tried a new recipe thatpretty much bombed. So Matt got his german chocolate cupcake-style. They were still homemade and oh, so very good.

Happy Birthday, Babe!

3 comments:

jeannie said...

Happy Bday Matt! I'm glad someone is getting old like us!!

jeannie said...

Happy Bday Matt! I'm glad someone is getting old like us!!

Lisa said...

The picture of Matt with the three boys behind him--I can see how much they just adore him!