Monday, March 17, 2008

One of the Seven Wonders of the World

The fourth grade classes at Miss M*'s school had the awesome opportunity to go on a field trip to the Grand Canyon last week. Matt went along as a chaperone. They left on a big touring bus, drove through the night and arrived at the Grand Canyon near sunrise just in time a rim hike. Matt captured these amazing shots.


the north rim.

it was a chilly morning.

miss M* & some school friends after the hike. they were excited to see some elk & mule deer about 100 yards off the trail.

it really does snow in arizona.


they also visited Sunset Crater, a meteor spot outside of Flagstaff and the Wupatki Monument, an ancient Indian village. the kids were able to see many things that they had been studying in school. it was a successful trip & they came back to us safely.

4 comments:

Piquantly Parisian said...

That is awesome. I always had boring field trips to Wheeler Farm. Obviously I should have gone to her school. I'm glad they had fun!

Trisha said...

Wow! That place never ceases to amaze me.

Steve said...

That's so cool. I didn't make it to the grand canyon until I was 16.

jeannie said...

SWEET!!! Looks like M* had a great time. Too bad we never got there. HA