familial anecdotes from a sleep-deprived yummy mummy
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Another Happy Customer
This is the real reason I like Sarah Palin. She shops at Costco. Not only does she shop at Costco but she buys their baby wipes. The best baby wipes ever! :)
steve, it's a joke. it's supposed to be funny. you can find humor in politics, you know. it's not all doom & gloom. it can be fun!! :) btw, i read the book censorship story. it's bs, blown out of proportion. don't believe everything you read. what do you think about her e-mail being hacked?
I know its a joke but I thought I would just use the platform to for this article. Yes, the book banning is bad but the fact that she tried to get the librarian fired because she didn't agree with her. Now, that is dangerous. Other points.
1. Palin doesn't believe in the separation of church and state. Creationism is NOT a theory of science, it's a religious theory.
sarah palin is not a right wing radical. just because she attends an assembly of god congregation? i don't understand why she scares you. do you think she's going to mandate that creationism be a part of the no child left behind act. is she going to order every library burn all books she doesn't approve of? she simply believes that creationism should be ABLE to be debated in a school setting. and why not? discussing creationism is not an endorsement of religion. are we not even allowed to bring up anything remotely religious at school. that is sad! the fact is that although she believes that personally she has NEVER tried to legislate it. some people are actually able to separate their personal beliefs with their governmental roles. i would also argue that this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the separation of church and state. does our president need to be agnostic or athiest? did you know that because you are a mormon many people consider you to be a religious zealot? i would be careful when putting labels on people simply because of their religion. it's dangerous. i get offended that many liberal democrats try to use a candidate's religion against their opponents. it seems to be the last socially acceptable form of bigotry left in the political arena. we saw it used against romney. you're a bigot if you don't support gay marriage, a racist if you don't vote for obama. now you're a religious zealot if you're a christian. i find THAT scary. btw, who's running for president here? the press is spending so much time maligning palin you'd think she was the candidate instead of mccain. also, the book burning story was related by one person. correct me if i'm wrong. is it possible that it was exaggerated to embarrass palin. i still want to know. do you think it was ok the way her personal e-mail was hacked and printed on the internet? her entire address book was posted. sleazy politics at its worst.
I'm just presenting a different viewpoint. Is that ok on this blog? Anyway, I'll just leave it at if McCain becomes president I'll be praying daily for his health.
p.s. I can't respond to that story because I haven't read about it. sorry. Oh, also it's not just liberal democrats that use religion against their opponents. Just ask Huckabee what he thinks about his opponents religions.
Let's just end it with saying that each candidate has their pros and cons and in the end all that really matters is who you think can help you, your family, community, and the world better.
steve, of course you can present a different viewpoint. i will read it & either agree or disagree. if i don't agree i will tell you why. what's wrong with that? that's part of the entire dialogue, right. obviously, i don't agree with you on palin. i just don't see why she is being perceived as this villain. matt's dad is visiting this weekend & he just played me an e-mail that was sent to bob lonsberry, a radio talk show host in utah. this e-mail was sent to him in response to a press release by the utah democratic party stating that mormons couldn't possibly vote for the mccain/palin ticket because she was pentecostal & hated mormons. the e-mail was written by a former lds bishop who lived in wasilla. their families socialized together. he said that the palins were not anti-mormon, in fact, they attended lds christmas parties & he sat next to sarah palin when she attended president hinckleys memorial after 9/11. she continues to be good friends with this mormon family. i will agree that many evangelicals would not vote for romney simply because he was mormon but there were others that would not hold that prejudice. here's another one for you. do you really think that obama sat in a church for 20 years & didn't know that his pastor was spouting off anti-american & anti-jewish rhetoric? you can't believe the book-burning story & not believe that one.:) btw, it's always a good thing to pray for our country's leaders no matter who they are. i do so every night and boy, they sure need it :)
ps. if you would like to listen to the lonsberry clip i can get you the mp3 file. it's very interesting and fair unlike some of the other baseless accusations out there.
Steve, You need to read a Meridian magazine article about McCain and Obama and how their ideas support or not support the family. It was this week. meridianmagazine.com I love you and hope that school and class are going well for you.
Mom
P.S. Huffington is a radical left-wing and biased blog. Read something more fair.
Jenny, you sure keep things interesting on your blog.
Unfortunately, every political website is bias in one way or another and unfortunately, that's why I have to read all of them. If there is no one to trust then you just need to trust yourself I guess.
As for the palin religion stuff I just think I'm super sensitive because I see and read anti-mormon garbage every single day. It's true I should focus more on McCain.
Anyway, I could go on forever considering I still haven't written anything about immigration and the war.
So, I came to a really sad realization today. It does not matter one bit what I think and how I vote considering I live in Utah because republican candidates will always win. I seek some kind of voice but it's almost impossible here. So, I could go on about everything I believe but it really won't make any difference.
regarding your comment on being in utah, i was watching something the other night and they were showing the latest red/blue state map according to the current polls. according to this map pretty much most states have decided where the electoral votes are going. there are only 6 or 7 where the polls are too close to call. so pretty much these toss up states are going to decide the election. where we live the majority of voters are registered democrats. no matter how i vote this county will always vote democrat. that's simply the way it is. but you know what. i will still vote and let my voice be heard. don't be discouraged in that regard. btw, knowing you, you won't be in utah forever! :)
What a great thought. I won't be in Utah forever. Although I think I like it here just a little bit. Maybe I'm just used to being here, who knows. I think I also take the mountains for granted. It's kind of incredible how close we are to them but forget how beautiful they are.
ah, the mountains. i do miss my mountains. this is the time of year that i want to live closer to them also steve, slc has a higher population of political thinkers of your persuasion. there is some diversity of though up north! :)
wow, dome dweller posted on my blog. i feel so honored. now we know what gets you here- controversy. :)
Yeah, political controversy always gets my attention, but poorly understood legal/historical concepts such as "separation of church and state" really float my boat. (As in that phrase is NOT found in the Constitution, was used in the 1800s to justify persecution of Catholic Americans, was first cited by the Supreme Court in 1878 to restrict Mormon religious freedom, and transformed into a "constitutional" doctrine by the Supreme Court only in 1947.)
24 comments:
sarah and those wipes totally rock!!
Those really are the BEST baby-wipes aren't they. I will continue to buy them even after I have kids in diapers!
they are the greatest! love them and love her.
?
Thought you should read this. It's seriously crazy. Mainly the part about the book censorship.
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837918,00.html
steve, it's a joke. it's supposed to be funny. you can find humor in politics, you know. it's not all doom & gloom. it can be fun!! :) btw, i read the book censorship story. it's bs, blown out of proportion. don't believe everything you read. what do you think about her e-mail being hacked?
Im lovin all the multitasking going on in that photo! She rocks:)
I know its a joke but I thought I would just use the platform to for this article. Yes, the book banning is bad but the fact that she tried to get the librarian fired because she didn't agree with her. Now, that is dangerous. Other points.
1. Palin doesn't believe in the separation of church and state. Creationism is NOT a theory of science, it's a religious theory.
2. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html
This is what the religious right is. Enforcing politics in a religious setting. Vote for Bush or go to Hell.
Despite her mommy image, she seriously scares me.
sarah palin is not a right wing radical. just because she attends an assembly of god congregation? i don't understand why she scares you. do you think she's going to mandate that creationism be a part of the no child left behind act. is she going to order every library burn all books she doesn't approve of? she simply believes that creationism should be ABLE to be debated in a school setting. and why not? discussing creationism is not an endorsement of religion. are we not even allowed to bring up anything remotely religious at school. that is sad! the fact is that although she believes that personally she has NEVER tried to legislate it. some people are actually able to separate their personal beliefs with their governmental roles. i would also argue that this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the separation of church and state. does our president need to be agnostic or athiest? did you know that because you are a mormon many people consider you to be a religious zealot? i would be careful when putting labels on people simply because of their religion. it's dangerous. i get offended that many liberal democrats try to use a candidate's religion against their opponents. it seems to be the last socially acceptable form of bigotry left in the political arena. we saw it used against romney. you're a bigot if you don't support gay marriage, a racist if you don't vote for obama. now you're a religious zealot if you're a christian. i find THAT scary. btw, who's running for president here? the press is spending so much time maligning palin you'd think she was the candidate instead of mccain. also, the book burning story was related by one person. correct me if i'm wrong. is it possible that it was exaggerated to embarrass palin. i still want to know. do you think it was ok the way her personal e-mail was hacked and printed on the internet? her entire address book was posted. sleazy politics at its worst.
I'm just presenting a different viewpoint. Is that ok on this blog? Anyway, I'll just leave it at if McCain becomes president I'll be praying daily for his health.
p.s. I can't respond to that story because I haven't read about it. sorry. Oh, also it's not just liberal democrats that use religion against their opponents. Just ask Huckabee what he thinks about his opponents religions.
Let's just end it with saying that each candidate has their pros and cons and in the end all that really matters is who you think can help you, your family, community, and the world better.
steve, of course you can present a different viewpoint. i will read it & either agree or disagree. if i don't agree i will tell you why. what's wrong with that? that's part of the entire dialogue, right. obviously, i don't agree with you on palin. i just don't see why she is being perceived as this villain. matt's dad is visiting this weekend & he just played me an e-mail that was sent to bob lonsberry, a radio talk show host in utah. this e-mail was sent to him in response to a press release by the utah democratic party stating that mormons couldn't possibly vote for the mccain/palin ticket because she was pentecostal & hated mormons. the e-mail was written by a former lds bishop who lived in wasilla. their families socialized together. he said that the palins were not anti-mormon, in fact, they attended lds christmas parties & he sat next to sarah palin when she attended president hinckleys memorial after 9/11. she continues to be good friends with this mormon family. i will agree that many evangelicals would not vote for romney simply because he was mormon but there were others that would not hold that prejudice. here's another one for you. do you really think that obama sat in a church for 20 years & didn't know that his pastor was spouting off anti-american & anti-jewish rhetoric? you can't believe the book-burning story & not believe that one.:) btw, it's always a good thing to pray for our country's leaders no matter who they are. i do so every night and boy, they sure need it :)
ps. if you would like to listen to the lonsberry clip i can get you the mp3 file. it's very interesting and fair unlike some of the other baseless accusations out there.
Steve,
You need to read a Meridian magazine article about McCain and Obama and how their ideas support or not support the family. It was this week. meridianmagazine.com
I love you and hope that school and class are going well for you.
Mom
P.S. Huffington is a radical left-wing and biased blog. Read something more fair.
Jenny, you sure keep things interesting on your blog.
Unfortunately, every political website is bias in one way or another and unfortunately, that's why I have to read all of them. If there is no one to trust then you just need to trust yourself I guess.
As for the palin religion stuff I just think I'm super sensitive because I see and read anti-mormon garbage every single day. It's true I should focus more on McCain.
Anyway, I could go on forever considering I still haven't written anything about immigration and the war.
So, I came to a really sad realization today. It does not matter one bit what I think and how I vote considering I live in Utah because republican candidates will always win.
I seek some kind of voice but it's almost impossible here. So, I could go on about everything I believe but it really won't make any difference.
regarding your comment on being in utah, i was watching something the other night and they were showing the latest red/blue state map according to the current polls. according to this map pretty much most states have decided where the electoral votes are going. there are only 6 or 7 where the polls are too close to call. so pretty much these toss up states are going to decide the election. where we live the majority of voters are registered democrats. no matter how i vote this county will always vote democrat. that's simply the way it is. but you know what. i will still vote and let my voice be heard. don't be discouraged in that regard. btw, knowing you, you won't be in utah forever! :)
What a great thought. I won't be in Utah forever. Although I think I like it here just a little bit. Maybe I'm just used to being here, who knows. I think I also take the mountains for granted. It's kind of incredible how close we are to them but forget how beautiful they are.
I do dig those costco diapers.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Okay.. how come no one called me about the drama, you know I love to be apart of it.
I'm SO done with this.
ah, the mountains. i do miss my mountains. this is the time of year that i want to live closer to them also steve, slc has a higher population of political thinkers of your persuasion. there is some diversity of though up north! :)
wow, dome dweller posted on my blog. i feel so honored. now we know what gets you here- controversy. :)
Steve-
You should publish some of your political thoughts on your blog. I'd be interested in hearing how you came to hold your political positions.
wow, dome dweller posted on my blog. i feel so honored. now we know what gets you here- controversy. :)
Yeah, political controversy always gets my attention, but poorly understood legal/historical concepts such as "separation of church and state" really float my boat. (As in that phrase is NOT found in the Constitution, was used in the 1800s to justify persecution of Catholic Americans, was first cited by the Supreme Court in 1878 to restrict Mormon religious freedom, and transformed into a "constitutional" doctrine by the Supreme Court only in 1947.)
Post a Comment