I wanted to share some of the lovely things that I have enjoying as of late. My in-laws are in town this weekend & my wonderful mother-in-law asked me what I've been up to lately. I had to think for a minute because I wasn't really sure what I've been doing besides carpooling, soccer practice, cooking dinner, scheduling drs. appointments, etc... you get the idea. So after some very deep thinking (ok, maybe not that deep) I came up with these:
1. Watching Penelope. We rented this flick last weekend and I've stayed up really late to re-watch it about five times since. If you haven't seen it go rent it today! I absolutely loved the costumes and sets. The characters were so lovable and the message of the movie was classic. I am crushing on James McAvoy. He wears the sweetest fedora and gives the most intense looks. A very close second to my honey. :) This is my favorite scene from the movie. It really is the best movie I've seen in along time.
2. Listening to this song. It's Hoppipolla by an Icelandic band called Sigur Ros. Going to have get some more of their stuff.
3. Baking Cupcakes. I made some for my NieNie auction winner last week & today for my father-in-law's birthday. German Chocolate. Can I say, yummy!

4. Selling on eBay. I 've bought on eBay in the past but never sold. I decided to get rid of some of kid's older stuff to make way for some new things. I have bids on about half of my auctions so far. Wish me luck!
5. Writing, editing & re-hashing our wards' primary program. Our theme this year is I Am A Child of God. I'm really excited to see the final product. Hopefully the parents will love it as much as I do.
6. Watching BYU Football. Matt has gotten me really interested in Bronco Mendenhall, the Cougars head coach. He is a really amazing person. Very articulate, intelligent and compassionate. Bronco is a real asset to the program and a stellar representative of the LDS Church. Jim Rome gives him props HERE!
So now you know. A little glimpse into the everyday happening of yours truly! :)
4. Selling on eBay. I 've bought on eBay in the past but never sold. I decided to get rid of some of kid's older stuff to make way for some new things. I have bids on about half of my auctions so far. Wish me luck!
5. Writing, editing & re-hashing our wards' primary program. Our theme this year is I Am A Child of God. I'm really excited to see the final product. Hopefully the parents will love it as much as I do.
6. Watching BYU Football. Matt has gotten me really interested in Bronco Mendenhall, the Cougars head coach. He is a really amazing person. Very articulate, intelligent and compassionate. Bronco is a real asset to the program and a stellar representative of the LDS Church. Jim Rome gives him props HERE!
So now you know. A little glimpse into the everyday happening of yours truly! :)
11 comments:
I'm so glad that you have found Sigur Ros. You should check out the documentary "Heima" where they did a bunch of surprise concerts in their home country of Iceland. It's very cool. How did you find them by the way? I have all of their albums if you want me to make you some cd's. Let me know.
Oh, I forgot something. I really hope that BYU pulls off the undefeated season but two things worry me.
1. Game against Utah. Utah has been playing just as well as BYU this season.
2. Also, I'm kind of worried that Bronco would leave if that happened. I'm sure he would get some great offers in bigger conferences. It happened to Urban Meyer. He's definitely one of the best things to happen to BYU football.
P.S. Good luck with Ebay. I keep forgetting about that stuff I got for the kids at Love to Learn. I'll try to send it to you soon.
the song i posted is on the penelope soundtrack. i don't know why but it's really caught my ear. there are some heima videos on youtube i've watched. that would be awesome if you'd send some stuff my way. i'm hoping all of the media coverage doesn't jinx the cougs. utah has been playing very well. that game will def be a nailbiter. i don't see bronco leaving ant time soon. he seems to be very loyal and unselfish. i don't think he's out for glory for himself. he's all about the team. meyer was always looking for something better. utah was always just a pitstop in the road map of his ambition. (does that make sense? :)
Ok, I'll make you some cd's. But, just to let you know, that song that you posted is their first and only song in english. They sing mostly in icelandic. Very cool, minimalist, post-rock stuff. As for Bronco, I hope your right. But, when somebody offers you 4-5 times what your making it's hard not to pass it up. Anyway, go Cougars!
Oops, I need to make a correction. I was mistaken on your Sigur Ros video. I thought that was a song on their newest album that came out this summer but I was wrong. It was their previous album. And it's obviously not in english.
You have been a busy bee haven't you!
First of all yes I need to see that movie haven't yet and heard it's good.
second do you get used to her pig nose quick because it bugs me to look at it:)
third mmmmm those cupcakes look yummy, lucky mary!
fourth, byu is doing awesome but I still have a hard time getting to into the games. I like Bronco though he's a studd.
fifth, you go girl selling your stuff on ebay!! Way to make some extra cashola!
Hope you aren't selling any Littlest Pet Shops.. we are totally next in line to inherit it:)
You have been a busy girl!! I am excited to hear the primary program that YOU WROTE!! And yes the Byu vs. Utah game is going to be INTENSE intense INTENSE.
So did you watch the Penelope movie with Matt? Or is it a chick flick that you have to watch without the hubby (which is fine) -- I just like to know in advance. I'm always up for new movies.
matt watched it with me. i will admit that he did fall asleep about half way through. :) not sure if it was the movie though or the fact that we were watching it late. lol!
oh im feeling for you on the primary program just remeber if all else fails show your cleave and the pulpate, it always works.
go cougs!!!!
Post a Comment