Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Cake & Candles Day!

Sometime between the start of school and the end of month the first grader had his 7th birthday. Matt had to go on a business trip over his birthday so we celebrated the day before. Since he's totally obsessed with Pokemon right now he requested a Pokemon cake which I obliged, setting my personal feelings for Pokemon aside. It wasn't my best cake (due to a time crunch). In fact it's kind of pathetic but he loved it anyway because of the the lovely Pokemon action figure I placed on it. :)

He is so easy to please. One of the many things I love about the kid.

He received several additions to his Star Wars collection including

this Clone Trooper helmet. It actually talks.

and this awesome galactic heroes millennium falcon hunted down by yours truly. no joke! They were finally re-issued by hasbro & sold exclusively at wal-mart. No more trolling eBay auctions!

Happy Birthday to one of the greatest kids to walk the planet
(or a galaxy far, far way).

5 comments:

Heather C. said...

Mason was looking over my shoulder as I read your post and he is drooling over all the new toys! He is the biggest Star Wars fan.

Emily said...

That helmet is pretty cool:)

jeannie said...

Happy Bday A*!! Looks like you made a haul!

jenny said...

he has some very generous grandparents. :)

Steve said...

Mom told me about that helmet. Way cool! Happy late Birthday!