Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Race

This was the last race I'll have run before we go to Utah this Summer. I'm determined to run in the Centerville 5K in under 30 minutes.! :-D This 10K was a practice in altitude and endurance. It was held in Prescott and was a very steep course at a high altitude. The third mile was up the steepest hill I've ever run. I swear I was barely running. Fortunately, I was able to make up my time going mostly downhill until the finish. It was a fun run to do and very pretty. The best part of it was that Matt was able to come. My parents watched the kids for us (Thanks, Mom & Dad!) which is not an easy task! It was also a little anniversary getaway.


Matt got this shot of me almost at the finish line.


My running buddies. One did the 10K also. The other rocked the 1/2 marathon.

Did I say I was stoked that Matt could come? It's the first time he's been at one of my races since I started running last fall. I ran a little faster just to impress him! :-)


We were able to walk around town a bit after the race. I saw some vintagey looking signs in an antique shop window. This fits my life so perfectly!

2 comments:

Laura said...

you are an inspiration! i am thinking i should start running again....

Trisha said...

Oh I so wish I could have ran that with you guys...soon enough I will be back at it.