Last Sunday the kids were playing in the backyard & all of a sudden I heard them yelling. "Mom. Mom. There's a snake!" Say what? I headed out back and there was a snake right under our play set. Talk about freaky! Matt was heading out so I ran out to catch him before he drove off & had him check out the snake. Since we live in an area with a prevalence of rattlesnakes, it's always a worry that we'll run across one. Matt identified the snake as a harmless bull snake and the kids enjoyed watching the snake slither around and curl itself around the play equipment. They came inside after awhile and when they went out again the snake was gone. Those critters are fast! It was another reminder of the both the wonder and danger of snakes.
That incident reminded me of this picture I had of the preschooler petting a boa constrictor at the zoo last week. We were there for a preschool field trip.
The polar bears were out swimming in the water. Of course, we had to watch them a good half hour. Polar bears vs. snakes. I think I prefer the polar bear. :-D
7 comments:
I feel the same way. I hate snakes.
definitely polar bear. not nearly as sneaky. plus, if you're wandering around where polar bears are, you could be prepared with the proper equipment to meet one (whatever that may be). a snake can just jump out at you any time.
eweeeeey! They freak me out too but I guess it brings a little excitement to life for a while :)
Steve would have been very jealous. I would have stayed inside.
I hat snakes and scorpions. Even NOT POISONOUS snakes, they all scare me probably bc I would never know if it was poisonous or not. AHHH. The zoo trip was fun, those polar bears are teh BEST!
Sorry that comment has so many mistakes and typos...just try to decipher it the best that you can :)
I'D GO BEAR TOO!
Post a Comment