Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Nancy Drew



I was really into Nancy Drew novels when I was growing up. I think I read all of them at least twice. When I saw the trailer for the new Nancy Drew movie I was interested. It'll probably be silly but the wardrobe looks classic. Definitely worth seeing with my little girl. It'll be worth it if I can get her interested in Nancy too!

6 comments:

Piquantly Parisian said...

Did you notice who is playing Nancy Drew? It is Julia Robert's niece. Lucky guess how she landed the role...

Movies are really expensive here. Work gave me two free movie passes, but I'll probably wait and use them on Harry Potter. Maybe I'll rent Nancy Drew when it comes out on DVD. I was more of a Hardy Boys fan anyway.

Trisha said...

I too was so excited to see that movie comin soon! I love that all the things from my childhood are resurfacing.

Steve said...

Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller are in talks about doing an updated version of the Hardy Boys called Hardy Men. Here's a link just to confirm it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963174/

Emily said...

I don't think the Nancy Drew in the books that we read would be wearing such a short skirt!

jenny said...

Steve, that is so funny that you brought that up. I was thinking the other day about who would make good Hardy Boys in a movie. I so do not know any of the young actors these days.

jenny said...

The skirt is maybe a little too short but Nancy would definitely wear plaid. Remember the first books were written in the 30's. There was on old movie done in the late 30's/early 40's about Nancy Drew I watched on TMC a couple of months ago. Cheesy!! The character was totally unlikable.