We went on a little getaway this past weekend. The main goals were a good night's sleep & time to carry on a conversation without multiple interruptions. I think we were able to achieve just that on our camping trip to the Mogollon Rim.

We dropped the kids off at Nana & Papa's and hit the road at sunset.

We made it to our camping spot when it was dark. The moon was full that night so there was a lot of moonlight. I got to see the scoutmaster at his best: Fire Building!

Matt grilled us some steaks over the fire & we had a delicious dinner. No hot dogs on a stick for his wife! :)

In the morning we were able to see our beautiful surroundings. Changing leaves, pine cones. The air was a little nippy. It was a nice change.

Matt cooked up a yummy camping breakfast of eggs, hash browns & bacon.

And I ate it! :) Am I spoiled or what?!

We broke down camp & went out to view the rim & all of it's seasonal beauty.

On the edge.

You can see some smoke behind me. There appeared to be a fire out in the forest. We saw firetrucks going in as we were going out.

We had so much fun reminiscing about our newlywed camping trips. It was so nice to just spend some good quality time together~ hiking, driving, & listening to Sam's Town by The Killers :) Love you!
3 comments:
FUN! I am so jealous. I would love alittle camping weekend, just me and paul! It was beautiful there, glad you guys had a good time.
I'm sure Matt loved going camping with you more than scouts!!
OK that is the cutest thing ever! That Matt is such a good scouter and hubby. I'm glad you got some good alone time in the wilderness kidless!! YIPEE!
Post a Comment