Tuesday, October 16, 2007

From Junk to Treasure

This past weekend was the Continental Ranch community-wide garage sale!
::lots of garage sales all on the same day::
Jeannie & I started out bright & early & at almost the first house we stopped at I saw this settee & had to have it!

I love the ruffle & it's perfect in the corner of our bedroom. It looks much better in person, btw! Just ask Jean!


We followed the signs & drove to the nearby retirement community, hoping to score on some nice furniture. I hit the jackpot with this armoire! I bartered & got the owner to sell it to me for $65!

I've been wanting a tv armoire upstairs in our loft since we moved in. This one is in awesome condition. The owner used it for storing clothes. It didn't even have the electronic board punched out in the back. At first I was thinking I'd paint it but it's a nice natural wood so I decided to leave it for now. With all of this nice, new stuff for the house I'm feeling very inspired to paint & decorate. Jean found an awesome shabby 4 ft. tall topiary stand that's downright gorgeous for $5. The older fellow that was selling it was quite the salesman! Every time we got near anything, he started listing all the reasons we should by it. We also stopped at a house that had tons of jewelry & fake designer bags like the kind you can find in Chinatown NYC or LA. Very cool! A lady gave me a serger for free because she wasn't sure if it worked. I was thinking I'd take it into a sewing machine repair shop & see how much it would be to fix. Jean also got some brand new Thomas trains! Anyway, we had fun & got some great things!

6 comments:

jeannie said...

Ya try and make it sound good but pretty much Jean got jipped and Jenny Scored. HA HA HA I love love love the chair its my favorite thing ever, its so funky and cool. I'm so glad you scored it and the armoire is fab!! Good work!

Emily said...

Nice finds. Everything around here is junk!
Hopefully those Thomas trains weren't the ones that have been recalled!

jenny said...

nope! toxin & lead-free!

Trisha said...

Seriously I missed out! Thats what I get for going out of town!! Jeannie told me you scored...and she was RIGHT!! See you at the fieldtrip tomorrow!!

beckie said...

That settee is to die for. I am very jealous at the moment.

Wonderful finds!

Mary and Ryan said...

Good finds Jenny!!!!