Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Taste of Twilight


We got to dress a la vampire for a get-together honoring the book series Twilight. Our friends went all out setting a beautiful table with delicious food.
We all know that Twilight vampires don't really eat but why spoil our appetites! There were dozens of candles lit. The ambiance was spooky yet romantic. Just like Twilight! :) Each couple represented a couple from the series. We were the emotionally powerful couple Alice & Jasper. Since Matt hasn't read the books I had fun explaining all of the Twilight idiosyncracies. He enjoyed the fact that his character had "special powers". We told scary (yet, sometimes silly) stories and played Twilight trivia. Now we're pining away for book 4. Hope it's done soon!

8 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

what a party, those olsen know how to throw a bash. how about did you do you kid halloween party this year cuz it was sure a hit last year.

beckie said...

you guys look great! how fun. They are on my list to read.

jenny said...

i wish i would've had the time to do the kiddie party but it didn't happen & halloween's almost here. maybe next year.

jeannie said...

Good times!! that was fun.... you guys were very scary!! I will be scraping candle wax off things for years to come.
I hope this year goes fast waiting for the next book!!

Emily said...

You are a pretty scary vampire! Do you need a bat??

Trisha said...

That night was FANTASTIC!

Mary and Ryan said...

Best night ever! Except all ya'll were not very good at scary story telling!

Mandi said...

Jenny, My mother and I love the twilight series. Google Stephenie Meyer and go to "other projects." Click on Midnight Sun and you can read the first chapter. It is the story of Bella and Edward's first meeting in biology class. It's 20 pages. I just finished reading it. Let me know what you think!