Ok, M* wants to be Princess Leia for Halloween. I thought that would be awesome, I could easily sew her costume. After searching every fabric store in town I'm finally realizing that Simplicity has discontinued all of its Star Wars patterns. They do not sell them anymore due to copyright infringement stuff. Ackkk! I need help with either finding a cheap Star Wars-ish pattern or a way to create the costume in a non-cheesy way, keeping in mind that we are very serious about our costumes here, a white bathrobe just will not cut it!! :) If you have any ideas, let me know! By the way, this is the elusive pattern that I had in mind :(

4 comments:
What if you just have her wear a white long sleeve that is a little big and then make a simple long white skirt?? Then take a piece of fabric and make a very wide belt that ties in the back??
did you look on ebay??
You could take a basic dress pattern and make a few adjustments and then make a belt.
When I was princess leia, my mom made this plain dress and then made a belt out of vinyl and had it velcro in the back to give the dress shape.
great ideas! thanks so much! now, she's telling me that she's like to be padme amidala! kids! :)
Post a Comment