Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rah-Rah! It's Spirit Week!

Last week was Spirit Week at the kids school. The kids love it simply for the fact that they get to dress silly for school.

Monday kicked off the week with pajama day.

Followed by Tuesday= Wacky Hair Day! We went for the polka dot mohawk and 3-D ponytails. M* & a friend planned on having twin hairdos that day. Wednesday was Career Day/School Picture Day so I had the kids just wear nice school picture appropriate clothes! :)

Thursday was my favorite...Travel Back In Time Day. We designed M*'s outfit with Deb from Napoleon Dynamite in mind. Side ponytail, faded, holey jeans that were pegged, of course, and an aqua polo shirt with a sweet pastel braided belt. And my favorite creation, paper clip jewelry. I remember making paper clip jewelry when I was in school. It's kind of scary seeing what 80's stuff is actually in fashion right now!

And last but not least, Friday was Sports Day, The kids went for soccer player and cyclist, respectively. The other positive aspect of spirit week is that it's red ribbon week...Say No To Drugs & Alcohol. I was reminded several times this week that I shouldn't take drugs. Even when I have a headache & need some tylenol. Got to love them!

3 comments:

jeannie said...

Yay that was fun huh but I'm glad its over! I am LOVING the hair-do's and back in time outfits!! JUST SAY NO!!

Mary and Ryan said...

Great hair creations!! Yes Jenny, stay off drugs please, no tylenol for you!

beckie said...

I totally miss spirit days. Maybe I could start one up at work.

I love how M* doesn't even look out of style as Deb.

So fun. I love the knight!